What is Spiritual Direction?
Note: The word Divine is used here as a unifying word for all names that fall under the umbrella of Higher Power. Examples would be God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, the Universe, Universal Mind, Cosmic Mind, Infinite Mind, Pure Mind, Spirit, God-Mind, Cosmic Consciousness, the goddess, Father Sky, Mother Earth, Higher Self, spirit guide, etc.
- Are you looking to have a more intimate, personal, and profound connection to the Divine?
- Do you wish to deepen your current connection to the Divine?
- Are you seeking to grow and develop in your spiritual tradition or path?
- Would you like to have someone with whom to share your spiritual journey?
- Are you confused about what you should believe and want to work through it?
- Do you feel morally confused and need guidance?
- Do you want spiritual insights and support from a compassionate, spiritually-minded person for your life’s struggles?
- Do you seek guidance on spiritual practices, rituals, and methods for your chosen religious or spiritual tradition?
- Do you desire to develop more faith, hope, and love in life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you would do well with Spiritual Guidance.
So, What Is Spiritual Direction?
Let’s first talk about what Spiritual Direction is not.
Spiritual Direction is not:
- Financial planning
- Intend to heal the past or help you plan for the future
- Any type of “reading” or fortunetelling
- For “entertainment purposes only.”
Spiritual Direction is:
- Supporting you and offering insights into prayer, ritual, and/or spiritual exploration
- Working with a compassionate caregiver in spirituality. I offer you spiritual companionship and friendship on your journey, especially when life gets complicated and/or painful.
- Help for processing and reflecting on the daily spiritual journey you are on. Spirituality isn’t a once in a while thing, it is an always happening thing.
- Helping you to honestly share your feelings, doubts, and questions with the Divine. Learning to communicate with and trust the Higher Power.
- Helping you to become the best person you can be – morally, ethically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and even physically.
- Assisting you in overcoming and transforming “the darkness within.”
- Encouraging you to tell and develop your sacred story
Summary of Spiritual Direction
Spiritual Direction is me helping you to pay attention to the Divine’s personal communication to you. It is also me helping you to respond to this communication, to grow in intimacy with the Divine, and to live out the consequences of this growing and developing relationship. In many cases, this does lead to healing, but healing is not the primary focus. In essence, your connection with the Divine and living your best life is the main focus. Of course, when we are connected to the Divine – anything becomes possible.
How Does This Work?
- We will start by engaging in some chit-chat to get comfortable with each other.
- I will then ask if you want to lead us in a prayer or a moment of silence.
- You will then be invited to tell your sacred story. The story of your spiritual life and journey.
- I will help you reflect on and process the story. I may also ask essential questions to help you go deeper.
- Towards the end of the session, homework will be suggested that may help you to continue to develop spiritually.
- We will end the session with a prayer by either you or me.
How Much Does it Cost?
- Individual Spiritual Direction is $100 per hour.
- If you want Spiritual Guidance, but you can’t afford the fee, please use the contact page to reach out.
- You can book through the online booking system below.