Did you know that avoiding psychic fraud can be easy when you are armed with the knowledge of what exactly to look for? In this article I’ll explore with you not only the signs to be on the look out for, but I’ll also talk about how much a psychic should charge, the best method for finding a good reader, and some important questions you should consider asking before paying for a private session.
According to a 2001 Gallup poll, roughly 50% of people polled believed in psychic powers and another 27 percent was undecided on if they believed. In recent hard economical times, according to Danbury News Times, the number of people seeking advice through psychics, clairvoyants, and fortune tellers has increased.
It doesn’t matter if it’s for entertainment or for hopes of finding real answers; some people seek out the help of those skilled in paranormal abilities. Exactly how do you find a respectable and reputable psychic?
Signs that a Psychic is a Fraud
If in your quest to find answers you run across the following scenarios there is a good chance that the reader you’re seeing is involved in deceptive business practices.
- You are told that you are cursed and for a fee, they can lift the curse.
- You’re warned that the future looks horrible, but for extra money, they can fix it.
- You are told that evil spirits are around, but for an extra fee, they can remove them.
- There is a warning that all chakras or energy centers are shut down and for extra money, they can open them for you.
- They want you to keep seeing them and only them.
- They mention they are special and only they have an “authentic and true” psychic ability.
In any of the above cases scenarios psychic scams are occurring. It is best that a person avoids the reader all together or, if in a session, cut it short. These are common scenarios that automatically indicates a person is about to spend far more money on their psychic session then they should be spending.
Best Method for Choosing a Psychic Reader
Before a person even books a session with a psychic it is important that they try to find out something about their reader. The best way to choose a good psychic reader and go about avoiding psychic fraud is by word of mouth.
Word of mouth has always been one of the most trusted ways of shopping and even in the psychic and paranormal fields it is by far the most dominant way of discovering a good professional psychic reader.
According to a Nielsen Internet survey, “Despite the ever expanding array of advertising platforms and sources, consumers around the world place their highest levels of trust in other consumers.”
People trust other people and the experiences they have had. When someone has a good psychic reading with a particular psychic it is likely that another person will also have a good psychic session too.
Questions to Ask a Psychic
Not everyone has friends that are into this field. The following questions can help you weed out the professional psychics from the non-professional psychics.
- How long have they been in the field? Usually the longer the better, but do remember that everyone has to start somewhere.
- Are they licensed? Several states require psychic to be licensed. In some locations they need an entertainment license in others they need an actual fortune telling license. These licenses are supposed to help prevent fraud. There are also several independent licensing/certification schools and groups.
- Has the psychic attended school? It’s always a good idea to find out what, if any, formal training the psychic has received. Where they mentored by someone? Did they take classes? Do they teach classes? How long? A psychic that lacks formal training may still have great raw talent, but it does tend to be easier to trust those who can at least show some proof of what they’ve learned and where. Remember, word of mouth and reputation is very important in this field.
- What is their psychic specialty? If someone is a palm reader don’t expect them to do a numerology reading. If someone is good at locating lost objects don’t expect them to give intuitive information on a love life. If someone says they channel, it would be wise to ask them what channeling is. Terminology is very tricky in the psychic field and what one person calls channeling may not be what another means when they say channeling.
- Is it okay to see another psychic? A professional psychic should never have a problem with a person seeing another professional in the field. Sometimes a second opinion is good and other times another session with a different clairvoyant or psychic may uncover new or different information.
Be Safe – Don’t Believe Everything a Psychic Tells You
It’s always important to remember that nobody can (nor should they) totally and completely dictate life and what’s going to occur in the future. Psychic information should be used as “food for thought.” Psychic sessions can provide helpful and important insights to many of life’s situations and even help promote inner healing. It should not, however, be the only method that you use to make decisions in your life.
Additionally, when a person is in a real crisis situation, it’s far better to contact a professional doctor, lawyer, counselor, etc as opposed to relying solely on an intuitive reader. Likewise, if a person gets to the point of relying on a psychic before they make every day choices it’s quite possible that they need professional help of a different kind.SHARE: