The Most Important Number in the Numerological Chart
There are five important and key numbers in a numerology chart. These are the destiny number, maturity number, personality number, soul number, and life path number. Of these, it is the life path number which is most important.
What is the Life Path Number in Numerology?
Hans Decoz says it best in his book Numerology: Key to Your Inner Self. Decoz explains, “It can be compared to the plot of a potential play. The Life Path number gives us a broad outline of the opportunities, challenges, and lessons we will encounter in this lifetime.” (pg 20)
One of the reasons this number is so important is because you can’t change it. The numbers connected to the person’s name (Destiny, Maturity, Personality, and Soul) can all altered by changing the birth name. The date the person was born, however, will never change.
How Does a Numerologist Calculate Numerology Life Paths?
When a numerologist adds the month, day, and year of birth together, they are calculating the life path. This example is for a person born on November 18, 1977.
First, convert the birth date into numbers.
- 11 / 18 / 1977
By adding across, reduce each set of numbers to single digits.
- 11 = 1 + 1 = 2
- 18 = 1 + 8 = 9
- 1977 = 1 + 9 + 7 + 7 = 24
This results in the numbers 2, 9, and 24. The 24 also needs to be reduced to a single digit.
- 2 + 4 = 6
This results in the numbers 2, 9, and 6, which are added together.
- 2 + 9 + 6 = 17
The number 17 remains. This number is reduced to a single number (unless it’s an 11, 22, or 33. If that’s the case, it is considered a Master Number and is not reduced.)
As a budding numerologist, try to calculate the life path numbers and see if you get the same answers:
- March 3, 1983 = 9 Life Path
- December 28, 1990 = 5 Life Path
- October 31, 1863 = 5 Life Path
- February 14, 1995 = 4 Life Path
- September 1, 1956 = 4 Life Path
- March 5, 1983 = 11 Life Path
What Does the Numerology Life Path Number Mean?
Here are some simple interpretations of each life path number. Keep in mind these are the most straightforward explanations.
- Life Path One – The number one life path is learning to be independent and leaders. There are executive and administration ability along with much determination. They are challenged to be team players.
- Life Path Two – The number two is learning to find a balance for themselves and others. They are good at cooperation and diplomacy. They should avoid codependency.
- Life Path Three – The number three is learning to express and inspire others creatively. They are great communicators and entertainers. They must control their sensitivity.
- Life Path Four – The number four is learning to hold everything together. They are hard workers with a strong sense of practicality. They need to figure out how to have fun.
- Life Path Five – The number five is learning that change is necessary for growth. These people typically love to travel and get to the bottom of things. They should avoid addictions.
- Life Path Six – The number six is learning the importance of responsibility and family. These people were born to be counselors and parents and are good at both giving and receiving love.
- Life Path Seven – The number seven is learning to organize and work with spiritual principles. These people are seekers of truth in life and often go on spiritual journeys or quests.
- Life Path Eight – The number eight is learning about power, control, and authority. These people were born to be authority figures and to learn the proper way of handling money and finances. Many have occultist or psychic tendencies.
- Life Path Nine – The number nine is learning when to let go and move on. Tolerance is an important skill that these people must learn. Think of them as being born to heal others.
- Life Path Eleven – The number eleven is learning to be spiritual messengers for the universe. Their purpose is to inspire and bring knowledge to humanity. Most people born on this life path are highly charismatic.
- Life Path Twenty-Two – The number twenty-two is learning to be a master builder and create a sustainable structure. These people are here to help others turn their dreams into something real and tangible.
- Life Path Thirty-Three – The number thirty-three is learning about unconditional love and sacrifice. Perhaps the most empathic of numbers, the thirty-three would do well to get involved in community and service oriented projects.
By learning about the life path a numerologist and their clients have the ability to see what their main direction in life could be. There is not a single way that is better than another. Each life path has its strengths and disadvantages and by learning what those are one better prepares themselves to succeed in within life.